Painters Insurance

Insurance for Painting Professionals

Here at Trade Risk we specialise in insurance for tradespeople, and one of our biggest groups of customers are painters.

We work hard to ensure that you have the right cover in place to protect yourself at a price that won’t break the bank.

For a quote on your public liability, tool insurance or income protection please complete ourĀ online quote request or call our office on 1800 808 800.

Insurance for Painters

There are three main forms of insurance that are commonly required by painters, and these are public liability, income protection and tool insurance.

Below we have detailed briefly what each form of insurance covers for a painter.

Public Liability

Public liability will cover you for property damage or personal injury that you cause to another person.

For a painter this could include the cost of replacing carpet that has been ruined thanks to spilt paint, or compensation for someone who has tripped over your ladders.

With public liability insurance it is important to remember that the policy only covers damage or injury to others, and will not cover you for damage to your own property or injury to yourself.

For more information or a quote please visit our public liability page.

Income Protection

If you’re a subcontractor or self-employed painter, you’ll know that if you can’t work you can’t make any money.

This can be a serious issue for any painter who isn’t lucky enough to get sick pay, but thankfully the risk can be managed through income protection insurance.

Income protection can replace up to 75% of a painter’s income for a period of time if they are unable to work due to injury or illness.

For more information or a quote please visit our income protection page.

Insurance for Painters

Tool Insurance

How would you feel if you went to your ute one morning to find that all of your ladders and equipment had been stolen?

After the initial shock, the first two things you’ll think of will be the cost of replacing everything and how you’re going to keep working without your gear.

Tool insurance is a very popular option for painters, and can cover your equipment against theft, fire and storm damage and damage caused in a vehicle accident.

For more information or a quote please visit our tool insurance page.

Self-Employed and Subcontractors

If you are working as a subbie or a self-employed painter, you may find that certain building sites will have mandatory insurance requirements for painters.

Commonly this will involve public liability insurance, and in some cases income protection.

If you require cover quickly in order to enter a building site please call our office on 1800 808 800.

Quotes and More Information

If you’d like more information about painters insurance or a quote on your cover please complete our online quote request or call us on 1800 744 482 to speak with one of our trade insurance experts.

Here at Trade Risk we love helping all tradies with their insurance needs, and we will do everything we can to ensure you are getting the right protection at the right price.