The team at Trade Risk have assisted hundreds of  concreters from all over Australia with their insurance needs.

We know what you need, and we work hard to ensure that concreters  can protect themselves with the right cover at the right price.

For a quote on your public liability, tool insurance or income protection please complete our online quote request or call our office on 1800 808 800.

Trade Risk Concreters Insurance Benefits

  • We’ll find you the most competitive premiums for concreters
  • Deal with our trade experts, not call centre operators
  • Quotes within 24 hours and cover with no or minimal paperwork
  • Pay your premiums annually or monthly
  • Deal with Australia’s most popular insurers
  • We can assist with public liability, tools and income protection

We are fully qualified and licensed insurance advisers – we don’t just sell your details!

As a concreter there are a number of different insurances to consider in order to protect your business as well as yourself personally.

The three main forms of cover are public liability, income protection and tool insurance.

Public liability

If you run your own concreting business or work as a subcontractor, public liability is generally considered to be the most important form of insurance.

It is public liability which will cover you in the event that your business activities result in property damage or personal injury to another person.

Claims for public liability can range from a few hundred dollars for a broken window, through to potentially millions in the event that you work results in someone’s death.

When taking out public liability it’s important to let us know about all of the business activities that you are undertaking.

Whilst most concreting activities will be covered, there are some which will not be covered under a standard policy and will therefore require a more specialised policy.

Some of these activities include work on public pathways and roads, as well as concreting work on mine sites, airports and other major infrastructure.

The safest option is to speak with a Trade Risk insurance adviser about your business and they will be able to recommend the right public liability policy for your needs.

For more general information please visit our public liability page.

Tool insurance

Like any tradesman you’re probably going to have a large collection of tools and equipment that have been built up over the years.

It’s important to insure these items, as having to replace them all out of your own pocket could be a very costly exercise.

Most of your tools can be covered under a general property insurance policy, however some larger pieces of equipment may need to be covered under a mobile plant and machinery policy.

Under a standard tool policy you will generally be covered for theft following forced entry, fire damage and damage caused in a vehicle collision or rollover.

Additional coverage can be obtained if you would like to cover any concreting equipment that is left on site overnight.

If you do require additional coverage it is important that you let us know, as the standard cover that we generally quote may not be sufficient.

Income protection

Working as a concreter requires plenty of manual labour, and this can mean increased exposure to the risk of injury.

If you run your own business or work as a subbie you won’t be entitled to sick leave and will likely not have access to worker’s compensation.

This could leave you badly exposed if something was to happen and you couldn’t work for a period of time.

Thankfully income protection can manage this risk for you, by covering up to 75% of your income for a period of time whilst you are unable to work due to injury or illness.

In addition to income protection it may also be worth looking at associated covers such as trauma, TPD and life insurance.

At Trade Risk we have qualified insurance advisers in the office who can provide you with further information and advice on these forms of cover.

If you are considering this insurance it may be worth reading our recent post titled ‘is income protection worthwhile‘.

Why do concreters need insurance?

It’s all about the risk. The risk of causing property damage or personal injury to another person, the risk of losing your tools and the risks of suffering an injury yourself.

By not taking out concreters insurance you are leaving yourself exposed to losses that could run anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few million dollars.

Business insurance for concreters is relatively inexpensive considering the protection that it provides, and the peace of mind knowing that you are covered is worth the premium on its own.

More information

To discuss the insurance needs for you and your concreting business please call our office on 1800 808 800 or complete our online contact form.

If you are ready to obtain quotes on your insurance you can complete our online quote request and we will have you quotes ready within 48 hours.

The team here at Trade Risk have plenty of experience in protecting concreters and others tradespeople with insurance, and we’d love to help you too.

Tradies Love Trade Risk

In 2017 Trade Risk was awarded a Gold Trusted Service Award for the amazing service we offer to thousands of tradies from around Australia.

  • "user friendly"
    Matthew Chris Pinney | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Efficient, prompt and no fuss approach to handling our insurance needs."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "As a small business owner in the complex Telecommunications Industry TRADE RISK have assisted the complexities for our business. I shall recommend TRADE RISK to all my business partners. LOGREEN"
    Logreen Pty Ltd | Tradesman Insurance | MELBOURNE VICTORIA
  • "Excellent service."
    Ozi Sheds Pty Ltd | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Easy to obtain quote. clear information and fast to set up. Can rest assured that l have cover, hopefully never need to use it."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Efficient and well priced. Thank you."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "My contact Cheryl was very helpful and explained everything to me in easy terms. She was friendly and made me feel at ease and answered my many questions immediately. Thank you"
    Heeney Homes Pty Ltd T/As Heeney Homes Pty Ltd | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Good value with very simple and easy steps to follow, got prompt response also. Very happy overall."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Easy to deal with."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Prompt, friendly and informative."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Brilliant service."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "great customer service marred by requests to do stupid polls like this one"
    Christopher Francis Gould | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Good service and price. Will try all products."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • ".........."
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Reminder of policy expiring, prompt service and good price"
    | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "I think that trade risk's customer service was excellent. They are really friendly and polite. Followed up really well."
    Daniel Phillips | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "Fast and easy"
    Gantulga Davaasuren | Tradesman Insurance |
  • "I've dealt with this company for a few years now - from the very start they've always efficient and fast... they sort out the paper work that other companies leave the customer to wade through. In a nutshell they save me buckets of time... and time is money. They also save me the aggravation of the paperwork and the back-and-forth that is so common with many insurance companies.."
    Saxon James Pty Ltd | Tradesman Insurance |
Share via