If you run a business or operate as a subcontractor laying pavers, you’ll need to consider certain forms of insurance.

Public liability is the one you’ll most likely require, but there are a few others also worth looking at.

In this guide we’ll take a look at the most popular forms of business insurance for paving contractors.

Here at Trade Risk we assist over 4,000 trade businesses with their insurance needs, including plenty in the paving, tiling and landscaping fields.

Public Liability Insurance

For anyone running a business involved in laying pavers, including operating as a subcontractor, public liability insurance is a must.

This is the insurance that will cover you in the event that your business activities result in property damage or personal injury to another person.

For example if you were paving a new driveway, and left some pavers on the footpath without any type of signage, and someone tripped on those pavers and suffered an injury.

In that case you may be found to have acted negligently, and your policy may therefore respond if that person chooses to take action against you.

Other claims can involve property damage.  For example you might be carrying some pavers past the homeowners vehicle, and you accidentally leave a big scratch down the side.

The cost of repairing that damage may be covered if you were negligent, i.e. you didn’t take enough care when walking past the car.

Accidents do happen, and that’s what insurance is all about.

Public liability insurance for a paving contractor starts from less than $400 for $5 million cover.  Options for $10m and $20m are also available.

Click here for an instant quote.

Tool Insurance

For any tradesman, their tools and equipment are a vital part of their ability to earn a living.

Paving Contractors

Just like you insure your ute, van or truck, you should also consider insuring your tools and equipment.

Tool insurance is relatively inexpensive for paving contractors, and can cover the costs of replacing your gear if it is stolen, or if it is damaged by fire or vehicle collision.

Along with insuring your equipment we can also insure your trailer.

Whilst some car insurance policies will include cover for your trailer, this is generally limited to a very small dollar amount and may not fully cover your trailer.

Vehicle Insurance

Whilst many tradies choose to insure their vehicles through normal insurers like NRMA and AAMI etc, there are benefits to using a broker like Trade Risk.

We can bundle your vehicle insurance with your other forms of business insurance, and can also combine your monthly payments if you choose that option.

We can also ensure you have the right cover for your vehicle and the way that it is used.

For example, if you have extensive signage on your vehicle or have it decked out with shelving and storage, a standard policy may only cover a small portion of their value.

A proper commercial vehicle insurance policy can be tailored to ensure all parts of your vehicle are covered for their full value.

Income Protection

For self-employed paving contractors, income protection should be considered a must.

We don’t look after income protection directly, however we do have a referral partner who specialises in income protection for tradies.

As a self-employed tradie you know you don’t have the benefit of sick leave, and in many cases workers compensation, so if you can’t work you’re really on your own.

This is where income protection insurance helps, as it can replace a large percentage of your income whilst you are unable to work due to injury or illness.

Business Pack

We’ve covered a few of the common forms of pavers insurance in this guide, but as insurance brokers we can assist with virtually any form of business insurance you need.

If you’re a larger business with your own premises, a fleet of vehicles along with plant and machinery, our qualified brokers can assist.

No matter how large or complex your business may be, Trade Risk have the knowledge and experience to look after you.

To speak with one of our trade insurance experts please call our office on 1800 808 800.  You can also request an online quote here or just send us a message.

Trade Risk are the experts when it comes to insuring businesses in the building industry, no matter how large or small.  Get in touch to see how we can assist you.

Paving Insurance